Participants must provide identification at the start of the course. At the successful completion of the course‚ you will need to go to a Service Tasmania outlet within 60 days and apply for your White Card.
This course provides building and construction industry workers with an introductory understanding and knowledge needed to commence or continue work in the building and construction industry.
On successful completion of the program you will receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- CPCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
You will gain an understanding of:
- Appropriate legislative requirements and responsibilities
- Basic concepts of workplace health and safety plans and work method statements
- Physical building and construction hazards
- Basic risk management concepts including hazard identification, assessment of risk, control of risk and evaluation of control measures
- The hierarchy of controls (eliminate, substitute, redesign, isolate, administrate and use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Emergency procedures.
Assessments will be conducted using a theory and practical assessment tool.
The assessor will inform you of each of the assessments prior to them being conducted.