Our two day training course is for people who have minimal or no forklift operating experience.
It’s an intensive, hands-on training course, with the majority of the time spent operating the equipment.
A strong theoretical and calculations component is also included that focuses on safe operating procedures.
- Participants must provide 100 points of identification and be 18 years of age or over.
- Maths is a major part of the theory component and a sound understanding is essential to be able to complete this training. You must have the ability to use and understand Basic English.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear are required(no open-toe shoes or thongs).
For students attending review days.
One review day will be free for selected classes, for subsequent review a charge of $200 applies.
If you book in for a review day and do not attend, this will be deemed as your review day.
The Training will be delivered by an experienced and qualified trainer, face to face.
The training follows a specifically prepared course session plan.
Assessments will be conducted using a theory and practical assessment tool. The assessor will inform you of each of the assessments prior to them being conducted.
On successful completion of the program you will receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck This program is nationally recognised.
- An interim High Risk Forklift licence, in which you must lodge at a Service Tasmania outlet within 60 days. you will also need to pay them the prescribed fee.
You will gain an understanding of:
- Pre Start Inspections
- Controls and Dashboard orientation
- Common activities and/or tasks for forklift driver/operator
- Shut down procedure
- Machine fundamentals, Safety & Emergencies