Our two day training course is for people who have minimal or no order picking forklift operating experience.
It’s an intensive, hands-on training course, with the majority of the time spent operating the equipment.
A strong theoretical and calculations component is also included that focuses on safe operating procedures.
- Participants must provide 100 points of identification and be 18 years of age or over.
- Maths is a major part of the theory component and a sound understanding is essential to be able to complete this training. You must have the ability to use and understand Basic English.
- Trousers, shirt and safety boots are required to be worn at each session.
The Training will be delivered by an experienced and qualified trainer, face to face.
The training follows a specifically prepared course session plan.
Assessments will be conducted using a theory and practical assessment tool. The assessor will inform you of each of the assessments prior to them being conducted.
On successful completion of the program you will receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- TLILIC0004 Licence to operate an order picking forklift truck
- An interim High Risk Order Picking Forklift Truck licence, in which you must lodge at a Service Tasmania outlet within 60 days. You will also need to pay them the prescribed fee.
You will gain an understanding of:
- Pre Start Inspections
- Controls and Dashboard orientation
- Common activities and/or tasks for forklift driver/operator
- Shut down procedure
- Machine fundamentals, Safety & Emergencies