- Participants must provide 100 points of identification and be 18 years of age or over.
- Maths is a major part of the theory component and a sound understanding is essential to be able to complete this training. You must have the ability to use and understand Basic English.
- Trousers, shirt and safety boots are required to be worn at each session.
Our three day training course is for people who have minimal or no vehicle loading crane operating experience.
It’s an intensive, hands-on training course, with the majority of the time spent operating the equipment.
A strong theoretical and calculations component is also included that focuses on safe operating procedures.
On successful completion of the program you will receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- TLILIC0024 Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane
- An interim High Risk Vehicle Loading Crane licence, in which you must lodge at a Service Tasmania outlet within 60 days. You will also need to pay them the prescribed fee.
You will gain an understanding of:
- Pre-operational inspection
- Familiarisation of the crane
- Handling characteristics
- Manoeuvring of the crane
- Loading and unloading
- Theory training
Mandated national assessment tools are used and include Theory, Calculations and Practical Assessments