- Participants must provide identification and be 18 years of age or over.
- Participants must have a current drivers licence.
- Sound verbal and written comprehension of the English language is mandatory.
- Appropriate clothing is required to be worn at each session.
- A minimum of 4 Participants to be able to complete the course
Our 3-day training course is for people who have had experience with Heavy Vehicles and require the oversized vehicle pilot’s license.
It’s an intensive, hands-on training course. A strong theoretical component also focuses on safe operating procedures.
On successful completion of the program you will receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- TLIB2004 – Carry out vehicle inspection
- TLIC3010 – Pilot or escort oversized and/or over massed loads
- TLIE3009 – Use pilot and escort communication
- TLIF3013 – Coordinate breakdowns and emergencies
- TLIF3060 – Control traffic as a pilot vehicle operator
You will gain an understanding of the knowledge, principals, legislative requirements and safe operating practices of being an oversized vehicle pilot. The course can be nationally recognized with application to Main Roads WA.
The Training will be delivered by an experienced and qualified trainer, face to face.
The training follows a specifically prepared course session plan and utilises materials such as participant guides, review questions, a workbook and practical tasks.
Assessments will be conducted using a theory and practical assessment tool.
The assessor will inform you of each of the assessments prior to them being conducted.