- Applicants must meet the licensing requirements for the Heavy Vehicle license.
This training aims to provide persons with the skills and knowledge required to take the next step in their career.
It helps improve their communication, problem solving and time management skills, and become more efficient in their job role.
They will gain a better understanding of chain of responsibility, fatigue management and customer service.
Training will be delivered using a Training Plan which outlines expected start and finish times and delivery modes, training will have a mixture of on the job training and face to face training with an experienced Trainer and Assessor.
The training could assist those working as backhoe operators/ bulldozer operators/ dozer operators / earthmoving plant operators/ excavator operators/ front-end loader operators/ grader operators/ haul truck operators and others to move into a more senior role or advance beyond those presently holding similar qualifications and become more skilled and proficient in their chosen field.
On successful completion of the course you will be awarded with:
- TLI31221 – Certificate III in Driving Operations
This program is nationally recognised.
For assessments to be conducted on-the-job, the assessor will need to have access to all the companies’ processes and all the following equipment and material need to be available
- UHF/VHF radios
- Suitable Bus
- Route maps
- Bus Operator Manual or Standard Operating Procedures
- Company policies and procedures
- Any equipment which is used for bus service
- Completed Incident Report
- Copies of any induction training that may have been completed
Assessment methods will include
- Practical Assessments, these will be used where on-the-job evidence cannot be provided
- On the Job Observations and Verbal Questioning – observing the trainee perform their day to day tasks and obtain first-hand knowledge of their competence in a required skill, where the trainee is unable to demonstrate a certain skill, an open ended question will be asked and the trainee will either answer the question verbally or practically demonstrate on what they would do.
- Examination – A written test will be conducted to gather evidence of knowledge competency consisting of questions to which a high level of accuracy will be required