- Participants must provide identification and must hold a current White Card to work on road side construction.
- Trousers, shirt and boots are required to be worn at each session.
Our one day training course is for people who need the skills and qualification to control and manage traffic.
It’s an intensive, hands-on training course, with a strong theoretical component and practical tasks that focus on safe operating procedures
On successful completion of the program you will receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- RIIWHS205E Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plans
You will gain an understanding of:
- Appropriate legislative requirements and responsibilities
- Understanding of the concepts of Traffic Management Plans, and associated work site devices
- Understanding of the Australian Standards and Field Guides
- Basic risk management concepts including hazard identification, assessment of risk, control of risk and evaluation of control measures
- The hierarchy of controls (eliminate, substitute, redesign, isolate, administrate and use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Emergency procedures
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Legislation and Codes of Practice
- Plan and prepare
- Set out the traffic guidance scheme
- Coordinate traffic
- Operate radio
- Monitor traffic guidance scheme
- Close down traffic guidance scheme
- Clean up
Assessments will be conducted using a theory and practical assessment tool. The assessor will inform you of each of the assessments prior to them being conducted.