- Participants must provide identification at the start of the course.
This course provides the fundamental principles‚ knowledge and skills to enable the first aider to provide emergency care for injuries and illnesses in the home or the workplace.
On successful completion of the program you will receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
You will gain an understanding of:
- Chain of survival
- Assessing the situation
- Getting help
- Assessing consciousness
- Care of the unconscious person
- Performing CPR
- The use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Special techniques for children and Infants
- Breathing emergencies including choking, asthma and anaphylaxis
- Cardiac emergencies
- Severe allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Heat and cold injuries and conditions
- Bites and stings
- Musculoskeletal injuries
The Training will be delivered by an experienced and qualified trainer, face to face.
The training follows a specifically prepared course session plan and utilises materials such as participant guides, power point presentations and practical tasks.
Assessments will be conducted using a theory and practical assessment tool. The assessor will inform you of each of the assessments prior to them being conducted.